The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Advice sought ? how to modify refresh cycle on web sites?

NGT6 1315

• RMweb Premium

Evening all!

I was wondering if there may be any way to do the following... There's a web site which consists of multiple HTML pages, cycling every 15 seconds or so. Can I somehow adjust the page display time to, say, 30 seconds per page? I'm using Firefox, in case there may be a suitable add-on.

Thanks,

Dom

Killing javascript will probably stop it, alternatively if pure html using a plug in to stop redirection. But it may well stop other items displaying on the page.

I always think this force feeding is about as bad as unwanted popup adverts. Poor website design. I am sure there are some out there who think this sort of visual bullying is cool but I don't, there are plenty of other sites more worthy of my time.

There are some adverts here on RMweb which cycle at about 3-4 seconds frequency, which I find trying, Not time to read the content so I ignore them!!!

Don, I think that is a slightly different issue than the OP's problem where the entire page was being refreshed with another new page.

Rotational "adverts" can be blocked individually using Adblocker type add-ins or again those that use javascript by turning off javascript.

I see them as theft of my broadband bandwidth. The owner of the site is forcing me to download images/adverts at a rate at which I do not want to receive them. I should have the control over my PC and telephone line to select what I want to download and the pace at which it is downloaded. If I request a page of information or an image file from a server, it should deliver it to me for the next decision. It should not deliver addition code that causes my PC to download other pages and content that I have not asked for or to send data from my PC that I have no desire to share with them.

Archived