Hornby Grange Rebuild

nickbown20

Hi,

I'm trying to replace a motor in a Hornby grange, but the motor seems to be quite wobbly when I try to fit it. The loco came with no motor in the first place btw.

Has anyone got any photos/advice of the chasis with the motor fitted?

Cheers

Nick

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm trying to replace a motor in a Hornby grange, but the motor seems to be quite wobbly when I try to fit it. The loco came with no motor in the first place btw.

Has anyone got any photos/advice of the chasis with the motor fitted?

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick

Did you determine if this is a China made or Margate made model? see if there is a model number, think from 2004 the model was R2403, attached is a link to the service sheet from Hornby's website, good luck

Kevin

http://www.Hornby.com/search/?q=R2403

• 5 months later...

attachicon.gifss-279b-grange-loco-301(1).pdf

Hi Nick

Did you determine if this is a China made or Margate made model? see if there is a model number, think from 2004 the model was R2403, attached is a link to the service sheet from Hornby's website, good luck

Kevin

http://www.Hornby.com/search/?q=R2403

Hi,

The 'Grange' is a fairly modern loco that has only been made in China - none have ever been made in Margate.

If the motor you have used is a little loose then one of the best ways to secure it is to use a 'blob' of silicone bathroom sealant - have been using this method of securing motors for years with total success. If you ever need to remove the motor again just cut through the silicone with a scalpel and remove the residue.

If you do need a diagram of the chassis the Service Sheet can be downloaded from the Hornby website.

Hope this is of some interest or help.

Regards.

Archived