Hockenhull Platts Railway

persistent_bodger

Tim this is looking wonderful - and such rapid progress - something I always struggle with! I hope at some stage I can visit this in the flesh? I'm guessing it's based at your family home?

Great to hear you using the mini-natur products - something I've dabbled with, and I'm after a Noch Gras-master next!

Thanks James, I thought I was quite slow, I only get a chance to work on it when I am home, I tend to have agood 12 hours non stop then go away for a month and then have another go. I must admit if it was in London I would never get any other work done. I won't back in Chester for a while but when I am will give you some notice. I hope to have the other board well on the way and plan to build a 3rd although a small one in london when I have time! How about building a small 7mm narrow gauge to have a run on the line? The mini-natur products are great, I haven't found anything as good. Another project that could distract me is a 15inch gauge line using two cheap 009 locos and some old track off ebay, not sure it was the best buy in the world but after a good session in the pub I felt they were a bargin! someone should develop a system to stop drunk people using ebay.

hope all well

great loco you just made

best

Tim

I have just primed the body shells for my hunslet tanks. Now all they need is cab detail, couplings and handrails. I think each one will also be painted a different colour, red, blue, yellow, green and balck. The black primed loco is going to be stactic but shuntable and will be in a rundown state. I have drilled holes where features and fixings would be and bashed up the finish, it just requires a good rusting over.

I have also included photographs of my new loco 'Bear'. This was based on an HO american 0-6-0 tender loco which has now become an 0-6-4 tank. Bought very cheaply on ebay the item didn't work but after wiring it up correctly its a lovely runner. The Locomotive is huge and only just fits on the railway! Its based on an american/ continental design and will be heavily weathered in the future. Unfortunatley the motor is visable in the cab, but this will be covered by a loco crew. I have picked up a similar loco recently that has a much smaller motor and lovely chassis that I think might become a welsh highland loco prototype but thats along way off. I need to build some stock, a coach and some box wagons and then maybe I can tackle that.

comments welcome

best

Tim

post-8204-127505372734.jpg

post-8204-127505373809.jpg

post-8204-127505374921.jpg

post-8204-127505375839.jpg

post-8204-12750537676.jpg

Thanks Tim, most inspirational! I especially like the imaginative way you have converted the wee tanks-might even manage one meself! Only one thought,bearing in mind that these are fairly "basic" models, do they run satisfactorily, at least sufficiently well to justify the time spent in conversion? Best wishes, Tim.

Thanks Tim, most inspirational! I especially like the imaginative way you have converted the wee tanks-might even manage one meself! Only one thought,bearing in mind that these are fairly "basic" models, do they run satisfactorily, at least sufficiently well to justify the time spent in conversion? Best wishes, Tim.

Thanks everyone for your comments. The models run ok, the chassis is very basic but I have cramed alot of lead into everyspace possible. This improoves running at low speeds. Idealy a new chassis would be better but given a good clean they run satisfactorily. The newer chassis are alot better, I may also add extra pick ups if need be.

best

Tim

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
If it's going to be filled in then fair enough, it would be a shame to drop the standards set by your stock and structures.

post-8204-127477857248.jpg

Mission accomplished and with prowess I would say, picked up on the thread from both your loco thread and the one on NGRM online and enjoying, long may it continue! :)

• 1 month later...

Thank you. It's been such a while since I have been able to do anything on the layout due to space requirments. I have been playing around with 7mm on 09 track and have decided to stick with this, sadly the layout won't be finished any time soon but I do have another project which is well on the way which I will post over the next week or so

best

Tim

Archived