Unsubscribing from a Topic

there are a few topics I've participated in that I would like not to show up when I click on 'New Content: Items I have Participated In'.

is there any way around this? I like this tool for checking on updates to topics, but I don't really need to see The Song Game and a few others there that I only had limited participation in.

thanks. :)

• RMweb Gold

there are a few topics I've participated in that I would like not to show up when I click on 'New Content: Items I have Participated In'.

You can do this only by deleting your post(s) from the relevant topic.

Try instead looking at Content I Follow: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=followed

You can remove items from that list by unfollowing the topic.

Martin.

• RMweb Gold

At the top of the thread on the right there should be a button "Unfollow this topic" to ones you've posted in?

Unfollowing a topic doesn't change the fact that you participated in it. See my previous post.

Martin.

• RMweb Gold

Presumably though as you post in other threads the older threads drop down the list to the point they're irrelevant?

Items are listed in order of recent activity, not your own activity.

So if you last posted in a long-running topic 3 years ago, and it gets a new reply now, it goes to the top of the list.

Martin.

thanks very much for that.

yes, the problem is topics such as the Song Title Game and the Towns Everywhere Game (amongst others) get updated on an almost hourly basis!

edit: I'll just alter my system to 'follow' everything I want updates from, and will ignore the 'Items I have Participated In' section from now on. :)

• RMweb Gold

yep. seems like since I can toggle topics to 'follow' or not I can later delete anything I am no longer interested in. I will just have to remember to follow all the topics I participate in in order for them to show up under 'Items I Follow'.

thanks again.

• RMweb Gold
I will just have to remember to follow all the topics I participate in in order for them to show up under 'Items I Follow'.

That should happen automatically, unless you have this option unticked:

post-1103-0-89011200-1369219142.png

Martin.

Archived