2mm ExpoFest - June 22/23 at Wallingford

2mm Andy

• RMweb Gold

I must add my thanks to those who organised this event, I very much enjoyed it and also to Julia for the chance to operate Highclere again. I also think special mention has to go to Mick and Yvonne who took on BBQ duties and kept us all fed on Saturday evening!

Hopefully this will be a template for future events, although if camping is involved again I'll certainly be investing in some form of inflatable mattress/pillow arrangement since I think I managed to find the only slightly uneven spot on the field and pitched the tent right on top of it!

Some top modelling, top company and a top weekend all round!

Tom.

Well, folks,

I had a lovely relaxed day on Sunday -  an easy drive up from Somerset, nice venue with plenty of space, a spare table to set up my wares and, most of all, great chances to talk to old friends and new.

Beside the craic, I did find time to admire some lovely bits of modelling. Julia's crane on Hjghclere is a superb little vignette of the highest quality.

post-18048-0-10713600-1372111056_thumb.jpg

And St Ruth just oozed Cornish atmosphere

post-18048-0-10473000-1372110637_thumb.jpg

post-18048-0-10411000-1372110600_thumb.jpg

On top of all this, lots of interest in 3D printing and thoughts on the way forward.

All in all, a great day and thanks to all those involved for making it possible. I almost regret not bringing my sleeping bag and stretching out in the back of the Volvo!

John

I had a lovely relaxed day on Sunday -  an easy drive up from Somerset, nice venue with plenty of space, a spare table to set up my wares and, most of all, great chances to talk to old friends and new.

Nice photos John. Sorry I didn't get a chance for a chat with you - I would have loved to see the Saint and talk about some 3d printing questions.

Regards, Andy

• RMweb Gold

Saturday was rather wet as someone suggested so walking the dogs along the river it tipped down. However the soaking was worth it for the event. I did manage a test run of the 94xx on Witney/Calne using loco zero on DCC ok as long as you keep it moving. Great to see all the layouts rather impressed with all that walling on St Ruth. Had intended to call in again on Sunday but the dogs had been restless whilst I was at the expo and we had a long journey to Minehead so regretfully I abandoned the idea. Thanks to all for making a great day.

Don

Hello. :)

I found another photo from ExpoFest I thought was worth mentioning. Alex Ds absolutely stunning 15xx appeared on Highclere...

post-2065-0-33452400-1372453085.jpg

It was great to finally see it, (and to meet Alex) for real and I wasnt disappointed. Its one of the nicest 2mm engines I have seen so far.

M :)

• RMweb Premium

Julia - nice photo, great to meet you too. Pity we couldn't get the chip to behave, I'd have liked to see 1501 have a run on your layout. I enjoyed the afternoon at Wallingford, got a few enquiries about the state of play re. my Janus (good job I didn't misspell that) so I've posted a pic on the "whats on your workbench" thread.

Alex.

Archived