Spoorweg Depot Val Rikard

Class 74

• 4 weeks later...

Oh my... sorry for another "have you ever seen something like this", but this is really an exceptional and clever idea...

How cool is that? :locomotive:

Now why didn't "I" think of that. Probably I would have incorporated a hoist to the upper level. Wierdest I've got so far is a traverser (real) with a turnout on it.   Brian.

There arre two levels on the turntable, to turn a locomotive from a near by station. The station is located on a higher level and there was no space for a turtable and housing for the steamlocomtive. A tunnel linked the station with the near by depot with the name "Depot Val-Rikard". That is the story behind the fantasy layout. I know a dubbeldeck turntable never exsist, so I buld one who looks realistic. The strange thing is that a ship elevator exsist, in my point of vieuw a lot more complex then a dubbeldeck turntable. But the reality is just the oposit.

The layout is situated end 50s, begin 60s, the end of the steamtraction in Belgium. In the link below you see a brand new diesel ariving at the depot.

Greets, Rik Martens   ( Sorry for the bad Englisch ) :scratchhead:

Archived