Hello All,

I am looking for information on the LNWR 36 ton Steam crane which was delivered to the LNWR in 1910. The crane was allocated to crewe when new and seems to have remained there until 1939 when it went off to Newton Heath.

It was first numbered 27 by, then MP7 by the LMS, then RS1012/36.

It appears to have been matched with a bogie running truck for the length of the jib, and a short wheelbase wagon (single plank).

I am after any photos or drawings would be amazing, curently I have found a good photo in the LNWR Journal Vol6 No11 (All copyright etc remains with) and also there is the same photo on the National Railway Museum website under the Crewe section plus a secondary one which shows the crane with a van and also a couple of coaches

I am also thinking about sourcing of parts such as pulley wheels, gear wheels, small pistons and assocaitted bits and pieces you find on a breakdown crane

This is a longer term project due to the need to source parts, and possibly spend many hours trying to dimension the crane and its parts from pictures, eeekkkkk!!!!!!

Cheers

David

Railway Breakdown Cranes vol 1  Peter Tatlow Noodle Books 2012 pages 139-141

Hi, thank you for the response, can I ask if the book has drawings of the crane and more photos please? The good lady indoors would not sanction a spend of £26 on a book without it being a neccasary addition to an already crowded bookshelf

Cheers David

Archived