Squaddies's Bottom

WRMSOliverM

Squaddies's Bottom

My first exibition layout is currently under construction at the Wakefield Railway Modelers Society and as track is laid, I still lack a era and company for my layout. I'm a steam fan and take a interest in all the operating companies from the days of steam apart from BR, due to a dislike of all black layouts. The layout consists of a loop with kick back sidings, one of which leads under my aqueduct to a off-scene dairy, the other leading to coaling and watering facilities. A cattle dock and station are present too. As it's a terminus, the 'mainline' also leads under the aqueduct to my fiddle yard. Any suggestions would be more than welcomed. Thanks  :yes:  

I do feel that when we approach our layouts there is a tendency to take it all a bit too seriously - maybe this is a reaction/defence mechanism against being accused of playing trains and quite often, further down the line, unless you're very disciplined, it all goes out the window anyway - so I was just thinking, why not give yourself a free hand right from the off and just model a generic (interchangeable if you want) setup on which you can run whatever takes your fancy.

Not sure about Squaddie's Bottom, however, sounds a bit rough. Will there be a pub ? If so, can I propose the Crotch & Armpit.....

Archived