Advise with signalling my layout....

so would this be correct?!?

plansignalsweb.jpg

The top left siding (going to the brown rectangle), is planned to be a some form of distribution warehouse.

The lower left siding (on the side of the signal box), planned to be a general use siding.

The Top right, is mainly a headshunt, but will be used for storage.

The lower right siding leading to the general use siding is for the head shunt and loco stabling, like at salisbury.

• RMweb Gold

so would this be correct?!?

plansignalsweb.jpg

The top left siding (going to the brown rectangle), is planned to be a some form of distribution warehouse.

The lower left siding (on the side of the signal box), planned to be a general use siding.

The Top right, is mainly a headshunt, but will be used for storage.

The lower right siding leading to the general use siding is for the head shunt and loco stabling, like at salisbury.

Simple answer is 'more or less' (apart from your semaphore arms being on the wrong side but I think that's just a drawing thing so we'll leave it at that for them ;) ). It does look a bit overpopulated with ground discs but most of them make sense however if your first two points coming in from the left are close together I would (and I think you should) omit the ground disc at the second point toe (the one that leads left to the 'upper' platform face).

You should also omit the disc on the siding in front of the co-op building, very unusual to have one in that situation as the crossover would normally only be used to run-round a train in the platform line. The rest would be quite ok in my view and knowledge of Southern methods but the one reading out of the top siding to the mainline, and also the one reading out of the bottom siding to the mainline might be 'yellow arm' ground signals - on the Southern this was a miniature semaphore arm instead of the usual half disc with a yellow band on a black arm.

Archived