Mayflower 61379

I have recently come across an article referencing that Mayflower had cabside commemorative plaques which stated "This locomotive was named Mayflower 13th July 1951 as a symbol of the ties between the two towns of Boston and the lasting friendship between the USa and the British Commonwealth"   Would anyone know of a picture of said plaque.  More importantly does anyone know if there is a supplier of an 00 decal or etching of said plaque since I would like to add it to Mayflower after its 2nd transatlantic journey from Peterborough to New Waltham

Hmmmm. As always seems the case, Fox is your friend:

B1 Thompson Class 4-6-0 - MAYFLOWER - BLACK (includes alternative style smokebox numberplates in stainless steel, a pair of brass North British works plates a commemorative cabside plaques) - anti-tarnish treated etched brass      
Thompson B1 Class 4-6-0
Code: FEP61379 
Scale: 4mm/00

Many Thanks Jukebox.  Will be ordering a set in the next couple of days.  Ironically,  I had done a yahoo search and basically came up with nothing, but then i did a google images search and found a hit from Olivias Trains showing the plaque on one of their "off the shelf" customs.  They have some neat renumbered locos although a bit pricy.  In any case I will get the Fox kit since my old Bachmann Mayflower is just about complete.

Archived