If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello

cromptonnut

Seems like this is the section where I introduce myself.

Currently modelling in OO, DCC, sound fitted as budget allows, 80's southern region (with a lot of license), bigger ideas than the space available to me at home but trying to get a new layout together and still be able to use the living room for living in. The space I have is ideal for a terminus/end to end but I find them more frustrating than entertaining so it'll have to be a big loop, somehow. I'll have a good trawl round the other sections and see what the rest of you are up to and see if I can nick some ideas - assuming nobody minds of course :) I'll probably just end up with a part station sticking out from under a road bridge (treated myself to a Takeley station kit from Heljan last night) that's been extended in recent times with a branch off and a couple of sidings - nothing entirely groundbreaking I'm sure but it's my layout etc

Finally succumbed to a CEP at Christmas (got the last one in the shop) so I'll be starting to look further into third rail stock and no doubt will get the VEP when it comes out, and probably a 73 if I can find a cheap one somewhere.

But that's all for another post, I guess.

Hi and welcome,

There are plenty of ideas on here, some nice layouts in your era too. I see you want a class 73, what about 33's with a name like yours!

Cheers

Scott

I already have several Heljan 33's (scraping up cash for a sound chip for one) - but I don't have a 73 at present :) Hence the comment about needing one. I have several 50's as well giving me plenty of Southern alraedy, plus some 37's and 47's. I guess my sound fitted 20's will have to run a railtour or something.

However, "hoovercromptonandelectrodieselnut" was too long for a username so I settled on the 33's :)

Me too, as it seems my two options for "bits" are from the Scalefour Society (which I can't get as I'm not a member) or Peco (which nowhere seems to stock!)

You can get the 'bits' from the P4Track Co http://www.p4track.co.uk/ without being a Scalefour Society member. I think you can only get the scale section conductor rail through the Society though (worth joining for a trial year anyway perhaps? wink.gif ).

Anyway, veering away from your intro, this is becoming a separate topic already!

I thought that might be the case, Hattons are doing a dutch 73 for ??34, which is a pretty good price.. Not quite 80's but you could always creep into the 90's with your modellers licence ;)

Good luck with it all, and don't forget when you get going we all crave pictures...

Cheers

Scott

You can get the 'bits' from the P4Track Co http://www.p4track.co.uk/ without being a Scalefour Society member. I think you can only get the scale section conductor rail through the Society though (worth joining for a trial year anyway perhaps? wink.gif ).

Anyway, veering away from your intro, this is becoming a separate topic already!

I'll start a third rail thread then smile.gif Having said that, I know a couple of members that can probably get some bits for me; it's not like I'm going to need miles of the stuff after all.

Archived