Old Paints

Following on from a post in the Help section I thought I would have a root through my (several) old shoe boxes of assorted paints and see what I could find.  Here's a photo of a (VERY) small selection which might be interesting.  The one I couldn't find sadly is one of the original Humbrol tins.  I know I had some but perhaps they went out in one of my very infrequent 'purges'.  I very rarely throw anything away so they must have been well past redemption for me to do that!  Some of these have been obtained from deceased friends collections so I have no idea where they came from.  I'm thinking here of the 'Tree Fellas', 'Foliage Factory', 'PMP' and 'DBI'.

Anyone got any other variations or ranges?

post-807-0-20087200-1371049762_thumb.jpg

I'll have to have a look in my paint box. I'm fairly certain I've got some Airfix and old Humbrol authentic colours - a tin of CPR yellow is certain (deleted in 1981 I gather, but mine is considerably older).

There's a site I found that goes into great detail over variations in paint tins etc. I'll see if I can find it again.

• RMweb Premium

Some of my Humbrol paints, mostly the military colours, date from the '70s but haven't been opened for many years. the few I have used recently have been Ok. I have a tin of gloss white from the early '60s and a tin of gloss red labelled "Humbrol Art Oil Enamel". I don't know how old it is but it's the same tin as the 1958 examples here:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1277633798/1277725460/Humbrol+enamels+-+the+early+days

Pete

Archived