Metcalfe Goods Shed

I 've just completed a Metcalfe kit, a Goods Shed.

I've never used any of their kits before but I was very impressd with the quality of the finished iob. Really nice detail and a very sturdy build considering it is only made from card. Just need to weather it now for the finishing touch.

I've also bought the Parcels Office & Waiting Rooms kit, which also looks very good.

My first Metcalfe kit was the Goods Shed and yes, I agree, a very study model.  I remember being very impressed at the time.  I was in the process of constructing the Ratio plastic kit but I needed a smaller shed for the compact goods area at one of the stations; the Metcalfe model fitted in just right.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've just bought the Parcels Office and Waiting Rooms kit as a first real shot, following on from a curved platform which went reasonably well.  One of the printed sheets - B - has the printing offset from the score lines by a couple of mm.  I have e-mailed Metcalfe and am awaiting their response.  Otherwise I'm very happy with how it goes together - especially as I am dreadful when it comes to anything requiring any degree of dexterity (no fingers, all thumbs).  Interested to know if others have experienced this offset issue?

• RMweb Premium

I've just bought the Parcels Office and Waiting Rooms kit as a first real shot, following on from a curved platform which went reasonably well.  One of the printed sheets - B - has the printing offset from the score lines by a couple of mm.  I have e-mailed Metcalfe and am awaiting their response.  Otherwise I'm very happy with how it goes together - especially as I am dreadful when it comes to anything requiring any degree of dexterity (no fingers, all thumbs).  Interested to know if others have experienced this offset issue?

And I'm very happy to report that having raised the query on Friday, I received an e-mail response on Monday and a replacement sheet today (Wednesday).  Now that's good customer service.  Well done Metcalfe   :sungum:

Archived