3-way electrofrog wiring help needed!

unclegoogs

Hello all,

Sorry if this is a common topic but I am new here and hope someone can help me with my wiring problem. I am having difficulties making the Peco code 100 electrofrog 3-way point work on my layout. The one I have has only 2 frog wires dropping down and not 3.
I have fitted and wired 2 tortoise point motors for the switching and they seem to work fine, but I cannot get my loco to run through the points on either of the 2 diverging routes. It just keeps stopping dead as soon as it hits the frogs.

Please help - I must have done something wrong but no matter what I try I just cannot get my head round this problem and make it all work!

Can anyone offer any advice or guidance?

Thanks.

Welcome aboard! Yes, it is quite a common question. Typing something like "3 way point wiring" into the search box at top right will find several topics on this. One of the clearest is this one. You'll see that there should only be two wires from the 'frogs' as two of them are bonded together.

Nick

• RMweb Premium

Sounds like you have something the wrong way round. It might help if you incorperate a connector block between the frogs and switches in order to easily swap wires arround. 

Shaun

Archived