which Wickham Trolley

auld_boot

I'm thinking of getting a Wickham trolley kit in 7mm but I'm having trouble deciding which kit is the better buy for me.

To my knowledge N Brass locos and ABS Zero Zephyrs both do kits, has anybody any experience of these please?

Also does anybody know which of these kits featured in the MRJ No 148?

Sorry it's just questions but I've been hunting for info for a few days now without much success, only thing I have discovered is that I may have to scratch build a drive for it as they tend to fly along when using the recommended drive unit.

Thanks in advance, Darren

look forward to seeing how you get on - I fancy one too

have you thought of scratchbuilding? should be fairly do-able - not much to them after all... and if so - would you be looking for open sides or closed to hide the mechanism?

andy

edit

this is what i have managed in card....

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/53004-charlies-yard/page-3

about time i did some modelling - and this would be a decent extra vehicle for my currently non-existant layout.... willing to give it a go and design a card one if you fancy

Impressive bit of card modelling there. I have to admit I'm more for bending brass and soldering than working with card, gives me flashbacks to my school days in the seventies trying in vain to emulate Mr Downes' work in RM!. 

I'm favouring the ABS kit at the moment as it comes with figures which would add weight to the unit. I'm off work next week and hopefully will be visiting a couple of places where I should (fingers crossed) be able to get my hands on MRJ No 148 to have a good read and decide for sure after that.

I'm thinking of getting a Wickham trolley kit in 7mm but I'm having trouble deciding which kit is the better buy for me.

To my knowledge N Brass locos and ABS Zero Zephyrs both do kits, has anybody any experience of these please?

Also does anybody know which of these kits featured in the MRJ No 148?

Sorry it's just questions but I've been hunting for info for a few days now without much success, only thing I have discovered is that I may have to scratch build a drive for it as they tend to fly along when using the recommended drive unit.

Thanks in advance, Darren

Darren,

I've just checked, the trolley in MRJ is the ABS/Zephyr one. If you need a copy of the article I can get it for you but it will be 2 weeks until I get back into a position to copy it. PM me if you need a copy arranging. I think they use a widened Tenshodo spud, it shouldn't be that fast with tiny wheels.

Regards

peterL

Thanks! I can't get metal to behave for me :O

Think I will have a go anyway ... I like the idea of the widened spud, except mine is currently sat under the Tin Turtle, and I dont want to get another one... I am looking speculatively at a couple of other OO offerings

Darren,

I've just checked, the trolley in MRJ is the ABS/Zephyr one. If you need a copy of the article I can get it for you but it will be 2 weeks until I get back into a position to copy it. PM me if you need a copy arranging. I think they use a widened Tenshodo spud, it shouldn't be that fast with tiny wheels.

Regards

peterL

Thanks Peter, I might take you up on that offer if I have no luck finding a copy next week.

Archived