Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

0 gauge F1

Some time I must have a go at drawing up the plan idea I had for a model of the old railway line through Monte Carlo, complete with Grand Prix circuit. Not one I'd ever build but I'd love to see someone else do it! 

Given the number of racing teams (maybe not F1 these days, but many further down the ladder) operating out of nondescript units on industrial estates there might be some scope for a single seater or two being loaded onto trailers or into a transporter as a cameo to liven up an otherwise utilitarian area.

Given the number of racing teams (maybe not F1 these days, but many further down the ladder) operating out of nondescript units on industrial estates there might be some scope for a single seater or two being loaded onto trailers or into a transporter as a cameo to liven up an otherwise utilitarian area.

The Williams factory is right next to the GWR main line...

(And of course Brooklands is adjacent to the LSWR main line).

I got my Corgi Lotus E20 yesterday (Raikkonen's 2012 car), and I'm very impressed. Not quite up to the standards of Minichamps or Spark (the other producers of 1/43 diecast F1), but they retail for £50-55 each, compared to Hattons' price of £24 for the Corgi one. Excellent value, well worth buying if you're into F1 or Lotus.

As for modelling an F1 race in 0 gauge, I've made a good start - I currently have just under 300 F1 cars from 1950 to 2012, with more on order. My best bet for a race would be from the 2003 season, as at the moment I have 23 cars total, 16 of which could be assembled into a grid (due to having duplicates, and some driver swapping going on that year).

Denizen make a fantastic range of F1 figures and accessories too, including jacks and crash barriers.

Archived