London tram ads

I was playing around with the idea of doing a few simple ads for the side of my trams which are London trams in 4 mm from about 1905 to the end in 1952 so with respect not use the usual ones that you seem to see time and again ie "News of the World) etc. well it snowballed and after pottering about looking in books and the web for the last few months (must get out more) I ended up with lots I have no want for any gain so if you think they can be of use please help your self but I would like and value your views on them. I made the point of copying from photos and not other peoples ads so as not to tread on any ones toes so although some might look familier its my own take on them.The hardest part was working from mainly black and white photos and being able to read some of the small print on some of the ads, although even in black and white you can mostly work out the colours often going on google you can find listings of images for so and so company from which you can often find common company colours and themes but if you check them out for me and can suggest any corrections I would value your input. I only have a simple word program on my pc so some liberties have been taken but I'v tried to match fonts etc. I'v aded a discription page to help but due to the program limits some ads would have to be "built up" to complete them so I would recomend you always check out a photo of the ad first. So as I dont clog up this forum if you pm me with your email addresses I will send them direct, there are only about five pages in word docs so wont take up to much room, the idea is to print them on to white decal sheets or even sticky back lable type paper and apart from sizing test prints havnt done any yet as my printer is an old ink jet there is a lot of bleeding of the ink on some of the small lettering so the next step is to try lazor printing a set to see how sharp they turn out. My address is  steve.parsons02@googlemail.com as I saId i'm not doing this for reward so your welcome to use what you can but remember this is very much work in progress so please let me know what you think. Moderater if you think this falls out side this web sites rules please let me know and take it off. Regards all Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to any one who has sent me a PM but I've been in hospital for the past 7 weeks after an accident at work and having part of my foot cut off (5 opps with lots more to come) am still bed bound and will be off work for at least a year or so and so have only now just started to catch up with the back log of mail and as you can guess have not had much time for tram matters (though that could change in the next year or so) but I will get round to answering any mail asap. steve 

Archived