RNAD Dean Hill - Suitable wagon kits?

Grampus

• 5 months later...

Good afternoon all.

Please can I ask for your help with the following project?  I have just purchased the delightful Narrow Planet kit for a Baguley-Drewry shunter with a view to adding a short siding to my OO layout to suggest an MoD facility (such as Dean Hill) just off-scene.  Please can anybody advise me of any suitable wagon kits to accompany the loco?  NB  I am modelling early 1980s.  The photos I have seen on various web-sites all suggest that the wagons were predominantly flats of a fairly simple design:  I don't mind having a go at scratch-building, but if there is something suitable already then that would be preferable.  Alternatively, if scratch-building is the way forward, can anybody suggest a suitable source of underframe parts, axleboxes, etc?  Would any of the Parkside Dundas narrow gauge items be suitable?  As you can probably guess, narrow gauge is not my normal fare ( - I was distracted by the look of the little loco and the modelling possibilities it offers) so any and all advice would be welcome, please.  many thanks.

Kind Regards,

Paul

RNAD vans now available for members of the 009 society as of this date 15/02/2013.

John Bruce.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...