Swansea Burrow sidings help

I believe there are only two trains a day normally; a working from Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen to Onllwyn that reverses here, and its return. A signaller from Port Talbot Panel posts on here, who might be able to provide more details. I've strolled down to the yard when visiting my friend Chris, who lives on Danygraig Road; it's a pale shadow of the yard I used to pass with my dad when visiting King's Dock and Elba works in the 1960s.

Hi,

If you go to realtimetrains and type 'swansea burrows s.s.' it'll give you all the train movements from there.

It is a shadow of its former self. Even in the late eighties and into the ninety's a shunter could be kept busy. In May 1989 08390 was the yard shunter and 08480 from old oak was also there. Why 08480 was there, I can't say!

The trees and bushes weren't as tall either which gave a good panoramic view of the yard.

Hope this helps.

Vin

The RTT site shows the Margam - Burrows - G-C-G ran this morning and arrived at Burrows 07:44 (30 up) departing 09:00 (12 up)

The Margam - Burrows - Onllwyn was shown as arriving Burrows at 09:00 (12 up) departing 09:27 (26 up).

The return is due off Onllwyn at 12:36 - and at Burrows 13:14.

Brian R

Archived