GW Coal Stage

I don't know if this is the right section for this but I'm altering a 4mm scale Metcalfe coal stage to look like a GW coal stage with the water tank on the roof.

What I need help with is how do I make the vertical bricks on the arches for the wagon entrance to the stage interior and also the windows.

I'm presently using Will's flexible brick sheets catalog No. SSMP 231 to clad the structure.

I have a fair idea how to construct the extra thick walls and the small shelters with the hinged plates. Detail inside will be minimal as the windows are small and it'll be dark and dingy, but those bricks round the arches have me totally bewilded.

Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

I would love to join your tour but unfortunately I live more than 18,000km from Didcot. As I'm not Sir Richard Branson or Pete Waterman I can't just hop on a flight at will and drop in into 'dear ol blighty'

Due to not having been a member for over 30 days on this forum my location in not stated. (Australia) which has 1.5 million expats, although I have duel nationality.

Fair enough - bit of a walk...

I am sure that if you go on the linked thread below and ask, someone will take pity on you and take a few snaps!

I won't offer as my photography leaves quite a lot to be desired.

All the best,

Castle

Archived