Blue Locomotive Livery - number style & colour

• RMweb Premium

Hi folks,

I have been "presented" with a Bachmann 3F 0-6-0t in SDJR blue and asked to number it but I do not know, nor can I find, anywhere to tell me what size, colour, shading to use.  I have looked at the Bachmann site but I have no idea if that is correct.  I have also asked in a couple of local model shops about the HMRS sheet but I was told that they are difficult to get at the moment due to problems with the paper.

As I have various odds and ends of transfer sheets from previous projects there is the off-chance that I may have something that may look okay.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Alex.

• RMweb Premium

Hi again,

Thanks for the eBay link.

I have now taken delivery of LMS Locomotive profile no 14 which seems to answer my original question - i.e. the numbers are "gilt" and unshaded.  The LMS livery section has a short section on the SDJR locos.  As a bonus, there is also a rear shot of no. 23, meaning I can see the position of pipes and bunker detail (the only other pic I have shows two of them from the front).

Once more thanks for taking the time to read this, and to Dazzler Fan for finding the transfers.

Regards,

Alex.

Archived