Banner Adverts on RMWeb

Do others find that the adverts on the banner at the top of RMWeb change too fast?

Some have quite a lot of text to digest and the panel changes quicker than once per second. This is far too short a time to absorb the information on some of the pages.

It seems that the timing is standardised, with no variation between different advertisers, so I presume the rate is set by RMWeb, rather than by individual advertisers.

I suggest that the solution is either to vary the rate of change according to the amount of text to read or to persuade advertisers to have very simple statements in each box - no more than two or three words. Modelmates do it right,

Ian

Thanks Ian,

The images are generally created by the advertising department (apart from odd ones I do) but some are submitted by the advertisers themselves so I'll feed the comments back with some guidelines. I don't like ones that 'flash' too frequently myself and it's a good point when there's a lot of text.

I find that I sometimes see an advert that I want to click on just as I have clicked on something else. Then it is a case of waiting for it to reappear again. Is there any way of finding a list of current adverts that are on the forum?

Ian

I find that I sometimes see an advert that I want to click on just as I have clicked on something else. Then it is a case of waiting for it to reappear again. Is there any way of finding a list of current adverts that are on the forum?

Ian

I'll look at the possibility of a directory page Ian.

While on the subject of the banner ads: when using the mobile version of RMWeb on my phone the banners are twice the width of the rest of the content. This is means that every time you load a page you need to re-zoom in order to be able to read it. It's only a minor irritation, I know, but is it possible to change? I'm using the Android browser on an HTC one-X.

It's only a minor irritation, 

It's a pain in the butt but one that I'm aware of, the mobile skin (despite several attempts) will not resize the ads which appear on the main site. Still in the to-do pile.

Still in the to-do pile.

Understood. Thanks for all your efforts Andy :-) Despite this, the RMWeb mobile site is much better than most, and some sites inexplicably still don't offer a mobile site at all!

Archived