Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

List of ECML Models

The above and below picture is of Northcastle.  It is not my layout and unfortunately is 7 hours drive from where I live.  Thats a long way in the land of OZ.  I have dropped in a few times and taken photos.  It will be a while before I visit again.  Here is another.  It is on three levels and the fiddle yard/sidings are underneath to the left of the castle. It also has been converted to DCC running.

re: Glendower, dito and trains running too fast, but well done.  Then theres the threat of wife leaving the hatch locked.  Burried with the trains.

Mark

post-7319-0-22732400-1375267099_thumb.jpg

There's at least two of us working toward a model of Hatfield (34C).

You could have added another had my career not gone up the headshunt!

The trackplan looks great on a large scale map. I did wonder more recently about restricting my ambitions to the east side goods yard. I'd still get practice of building a double slip!

Even in the mid-60s there were terminating trains - ISTR on the way home from school watching a Derby Type 2 running round, then crossing to the up side and propelling back into the bay.

The Nim.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Has anyone mentioned Peterborough North or am I going blind?

Here in OZ (Australia), there is Northcastle, inspired by Newcastle upon tyne in LNER days.  It has the castle keep at the head of a large terminus station and within a triangle.  It has a few of the North Eastern loco types, such as G5, J27, Q7, D20, C7, J72 and usual number of LNER types, A1/A3, A4, D49, V2, K3, V3, P2, Sentinel Shunter, Sentinel railcar.

My own layout is inspired by the carriage sidings at Gosforth in Newcastle upon tyne in LNER days and will eventually have a branchline to Ponteland (birth place of late fathers).  So not actually ECML, but a diversionary route if you look at railway maps or google maps.  Again LNER, with Silver Jubilee set, Pullmans, Gresleys including Restaurant Triplet set under construction, a Coronation set to be built.

Mark in OZ

attachicon.gifbendigoexhibition08 130.jpg

Hi, I live in Tynemouth, modelling ECML, free-lance, sort of Stoke Summit but urban.

I'd appreciate seeing more pictures?

Tony.

EDIT Sorry, got over excited and didn't look properly!

• 1 year later...

Archived