RMweb

Bexham south coast N gauge DCC

shreives

Great little layout you've there did I read somewhere the scenic area is only nearly 3 foot long amazing .

I think you've got a knack of building layouts that look bigger than they actually are shanks

Awesome stuff I'll be watching with interest

Brian

• Like 1

Hello Brian,

Yes the layout is 2' 9'' long by 12 and a half inches wide, the fiddle yard is about an inch shorter and bolts on top of the scenic section creating a solid box. 

When the layout is set up an ideal stand is an ironing board, makes for very quick erection/dismantling. 

Here's a couple of early construction pictures.

post-6774-0-68557600-1382816382_thumb.jpg

The Scenic side is to the right of this photo.

post-6774-0-34602400-1382816401_thumb.jpg

Trackwork all laid and being tested.

post-6774-0-51821000-1382816366_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Graham.

• Like 4

Another great video graham thanks it was good to be able to run the layout for a short while .

Steve I have got a few pictures from yesterday so as soon as I get a chance today I will upload them plenty of things were discussed about the layout and what we will be doing with certain areas as graham has said he is waiting for electrics at the moment before we can carry on .

As soon as more progress has been made I'm sure either myself or graham will post an update

Stuart

I've just watched the video and wondered just how the parcels train arrived at the end when the loco ran round it's train when looking at the photo of the track plan there is no crossover points at the left end of the layout. Or are they hidden by the two trains (Class 37 & EMU)?

Just a query that's all about a good layout with a simple but interesting track plan and setting.

Sam

• Like 1

Hi Steve thank you again I will try and get the pics on when I finish work later .

Hi Sam thank you very much . No there's no point work in the station that will be Graham's magic hand putting the 47 in platform 2 .

The way it will work though is my 08 will realise the 47 and put train back in the platform ready for the 47 to take the train back out later

Stuart

Hi Steve they certainly are he done my res 47 it is fantastic.

I would love to get another cep and have it done in jaffer cake livery but that is going to be a lot of money so il keep dreaming .

My main aim at the moment is to get all the locos chipped

Thanks Stuart

• Like 1

Hi Stuart. I know what you mean with the chipping its costing me a fortune. but im in support of your jaffa livery. Keep dreaming though it will happen if you want it too:-). 

Regards Steve.

• Like 1

Hi Stuart. Im using a mixture of digitrax and gaugemaster. As they are good chips and can be picked up cheaply. I was put off by the baccy ones. With what i was hearing about them.

Regards Steve.

• Like 1

Hi Steve I know what you mean about the Bachmann ones I bought one for my 37 . But that was soon taken out when I got a lenz chip for it. The Bachmann one is now in my cep which runs quite well with it. I also bought a digitrax decoder for my 08 but it gas not been running well at all with it so I spoke to Kevin from Coastal dcc at the uckfield show and I now have a ct decoder to fit it in now . I still need to get decoders for the 47,108,73

Thanks Stuart

Nothing to report over the weekend me and graham are waiting for some bits to arrive in the form of track and wire for the fiddle yard and some station canopies for me to make and fit still try trying to work out the lighting for these at the moment though

Stuart

• Like 1