Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bexham south coast N gauge DCC

shreives

Hi steve

It has taken a while but i think we are there as far as the points go now.

the 56 is a lovely model and i think i might have to get another one now :) as far as the weathering goes i will save up i think and get ian at mercig studios to do it for me.

how are things on the modelling front with you ?

stuart

Hi Stuart, glad things are moving forward with the layout. I completely agree with the 56 it is a beautiful model hence why I got the railfreight grey version too. Not much I'm afraid work and home commitments have sapped a lot of modelling time. But I'm hoping to get a project started soon.

Steve.

• Like 1

Sounds good Steve I too am thinking about a railfrieght grey 56 not to sure yet.

I managed to get the layout out and do a few little bits nothing major just added a few more passengers to the station and few other little bits.

Iv also changed some couplings to Dapol magnetic ones on some of the stock need plenty more though.

I took some pictures out in the garden this afternoon .

post-3608-0-94569800-1404666493_thumb.jpg

post-3608-0-65485200-1404666503_thumb.jpg

post-3608-0-75574200-1404666517_thumb.jpg

Stuart

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Sad news on the layout front. Bexham is to be no more.

I feel I have gone as far as I can with the layout and I am not getting as much fun out of it as I used to.

This hasn't been a rash decision I have been thinking about it for a while now and I don't have the space for two layouts.

I have decided to go back to OO and play around with sound. Hopefully when I have the space and funds in the future I will make a return to n gauge and on a bigger scale.

I would just like to thank you all for your kind comments and support.

Stuart

Sad news but if it's the right decision for you, then of course it's the right decision. I don't subscribe to the theory that a "model railway is never finished"... I certainly always reach a point where I find it's time to move on. I hope it goes to a good home, it's an absolute credit to you. Pete.

• Like 1

Thanks guys

Steve bexham doesn't have a home to go to yet its just stored at the moment.

Phil my OO fix is in my signature it's only a 4ft plank but I have just got a couple of new engines for it with abit of sound :)

Thanks again for your kind comments

Stuart

• 2 years later...

Evening All

Well its been along time since any updates were posted on bexham and sadly that is still the case but i have had the layout out and given it a good clean up and to make sure it was still working okay i borrowed 1 of grahams (shanks522) sound fitted 37s.

I thought i would have a play around with my phone camara aswell so i have made it a slightly snowy scene for this short video.

Just abit of fun really :) hope you enjoy

Stuart

• Like 3

• 8 months later...