Arriva Blue ?

Pylonman

I went out this morning to photograph the train at Blaenau in glorious sunshine, yes Blaenau.  Took lots of close ups of all the coaches, the DVT and 67001. Including roof views. If there are any views you need to complete the project just ask. My DVT finished and I'm pleased with it, 2 coaches ready for paint and the others still to buy. And 67002 from Hornby now available in Hattons. To save a repaint.

Merf.

post-1625-0-88156300-1380387739_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Pylonman

I went out this morning to photograph the train at Blaenau in glorious sunshine, yes Blaenau.  Took lots of close ups of all the coaches, the DVT and 67001. Including roof views. If there are any views you need to complete the project just ask. My DVT finished and I'm pleased with it, 2 coaches ready for paint and the others still to buy. And 67002 from Hornby now available in Hattons. To save a repaint.

Merf.

attachicon.gif28-9-2013 017.JPG

Brilliant photo Merf

Pylonman

I went out this morning to photograph the train at Blaenau in glorious sunshine, yes Blaenau.  Took lots of close ups of all the coaches, the DVT and 67001. Including roof views. ...

Merf.

Merf

Could you post a roof shot of the restaurant first please.

Thanks

Keith

How are you getting on with yours ?

I have come to a halt at present, please help. I got one of the 4 window restaurant cars from Hornby, but how did you get yours apart. So far I have removed the ends and the usual system to dismantle Lima Mk3s  (brute force) has not worked.

Saved a repaint by ordering the Class 67 in Arriva livery, 12 noon on Tuesday, and arrived from Liverpool, 11.00 on Wednesday, very good service and it looks nice and runs well. Improvement on the old Lima version.

Merf.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Keith

How are you getting on with yours ?

I have come to a halt at present, please help. I got one of the 4 window restaurant cars from Hornby, but how did you get yours apart. So far I have removed the ends and the usual system to dismantle Lima Mk3s  (brute force) has not worked.

Saved a repaint by ordering the Class 67 in Arriva livery, 12 noon on Tuesday, and arrived from Liverpool, 11.00 on Wednesday, very good service and it looks nice and runs well. Improvement on the old Lima version.

Merf.

Hi Merf

No further progress on mine yet..... work getting in the way.

As you've probably read on rmweb, the buffet cars are extremely hard to get apart, because the windows and the roof are moulded together, as one piece.

Also, the bottom part of the window moulding jams against the seats internally.

I tried the various suggestions on rmweb, and none of them worked.

In the end, I used an fine, Xacto saw, carefully make a cut between the roof and body joint, the whole length of one side of the coach.

I found that this enabled me, with a fare bit of wrangling, to get everything apart.

Another suggestion I saw, which is worth a try, is to slit the intercoach doors. This is supposed to allow the sides of the coach to be eased apart,

to release the window mouldings from the wedge between coach side and the seats.

A made a complete mess of the buffet coach, with my varnish disaster, so I have another on order..... think I'll try slitting the doors on this one.

Best of luck.

(Not normally awake at this time of the morning...... just finished a night shift ! )

Edited by pylonman

Hi Merf

No further progress on mine yet..... work getting in the way.

As you've probably read on rmweb, the buffet cars are extremely hard to get apart, because the windows and the roof are moulded together, as one piece.

Also, the bottom part of the window moulding jams against the seats internally.

I tried the various suggestions on rmweb, and none of them worked.

In the end, I used an fine, Xacto saw, carefully make a cut between the roof and body joint, the whole length of one side of the coach.

I found that this enabled me, with a fare bit of wrangling, to get everything apart.

Another suggestion I saw, which is worth a try, is to slit the intercoach doors. This is supposed to allow the sides of the coach to be eased apart,

to release the window mouldings from the wedge between coach side and the seats.

A made a complete mess of the buffet coach, with my varnish disaster, so I have another on order..... think I'll try slitting the doors on this one.

Best of luck.

(Not normally awake at this time of the morning...... just finished a night shift ! )

Thanks for that help Keith, I used more brute force than the old Lima coaches needed, but once I was able to get my fingernail between the top of the side and the roof/window moulding, it came a bit at a time, pressing the windows inward. Did a bit of damage to the roof but nothing that can't be cured. Once you know how it's put together, that's half the battle.

Cheers Merf.

• RMweb Premium

Hi , here are a couple of other pics might be of use, and yes it was a gloriousday - I was guarding the Lyd hauled service.

Robert

Brilliant photo's Robert.

!!! The first photo's I've seen that has reproduced the Arriva blue correctly !!!!

Thanks to you the real thing looks exactly like my model !!!!

Lol.

Edited by pylonman

Brilliant photo's Robert.

!!! The first photo's I've seen that has reproduced the Arriva blue correctly !!!!

Thanks to you the real thing looks exactly like my model !!!!

Lol.

Yes, my camera just does not like Arriva livery, same problem I have with the buses. I think I am happy with the colour on mine too although you would not know from the pictures.

Merf.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Making progress with my 67/dvt train.

Photo's to follow soon.

Question:

Has anybody found an alternative lacquer to Johnsons Klear ?

Still having compatibility issues with the lacquer I'm using.

Still having issues with the lacquer I'm using.

Have just purchased a bottle of the new Klear polish.

Will give that a try.

I have used the new Kleer on mine and it hasn't damaged the transfers thank goodness. Will do some photos of mine too.

Merf.

• RMweb Premium

Look absolutely brilliant merf.

Nice one!

Not far behind you, but did my 67 from scratch. The Hornby one looks very nice

Just bought a bottle of the new Klear.

Wish I had done that in the first place!

It would have saved me a lit of aggro.

Really don't know why I didn't!!

Edited by pylonman

Hi Pylonman,

having been away from this for a few mnths due to other commitments, I came across this thread. I also done the Arriva WAG Set, 67, coaches and DVT. I used BR Rail Blue for my main colour on the train, and the Arriva turquoise for the DVT end. The colour on the doors I used the Arriva turquoise mixed with some white to dull it down enough to a colour I was happy with. Pictures of the set I done are on my 1st page if you scroll down.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/63971-some-of-my-resprays/

Best Regards,

Lee