TOY Corgi trams = so I am free to make it all up!

deeslexia

I feel relieved that the Corgi 4 wheelers are essentially toys, no more authentic that the AEC bus front grafted on to an unsuspecting Routemaster.

Unlike buses, however, I do not wince at truncated and distorted trams.

Provided they offer the outline and do not dee'srupt my ASdee , I am fine.

I bought  3x inexpensive Red and White LT Corgis, but have been intrigued by the single deck and open top trams in other liveries, especially the rare closed front type.

LCC examples being modified or withdrawn prior to LT taking control.

I have also bought a single deck Southampton tram with white roof plus a £4 open upper deck tram which is green ? with white upper.

Even I can,with comparative ease [ two screws behind the self adhesive destination boards] and inexpensively, make a 'set' of Double deck, open top and single deck trams with parts left over to mix and match to repaint into the worn and tired matt London trams I remember at 4/5 years old !!!

the white roof should fit well with the red and white LT livery, as will the all white upper for the open top tram.

I shall have to paint the plastic seats and deck however.

Grandad took me on may trams in 1951[ age 4 plus] so I was well and truly hooked ! 

To be nearer to authentic, it could be a similar set of LLC trams, but I would need to pay out for two more LCC trams, which seem to be around £15 each. 

Red and cream/white is imprinted from birth, so fantasy land prevails. 

Thank goodness for in authenticity!

dee 

Splendid! Apart from the enclosed platform it's a shoe-in for a West Ham Corporation A Type tramcar. As to the enclosed platform ends, it is a possible flight of "imagineering"

that they could be enclosed like the later LT E class. I also seem to recall one tram that lost it's top deck and was remodelled as a single decker.

The Blackpool single decker is a tad suspicious though.....

Eric.

Archived