If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Change of User Name

David Todd

Moorings,

Belated,........" Hello" 

I "go by" my initials of "dt". I have been a member since 2008, then "ferries 2008".

Data base changed,then became "ferriesdover" in 2011.

For 30 odd years, I have thought of building a model,a "likeness",of the town's railway, I have lived around and in for 35 years.

I have no connection with railways, the sea has been my life, from cruise ships to ferries and enjoyed it  immensely .

Now, in retirement, I did not return to my roots,in Wallsend,in the NE of England................ I may, be able to get on with it.

I know, from reading some of the members posts, over the year's that some of you have,"worked Dover and it's environs"...........

I would be obliged, to those who may be tempted to post comment,such as........ "that's,not how it is/was","that should be there and not there".

After all, it is in the space I have available to me and had to take modeling licence.............

Most of it has been done by eye and photographs,I have taken. There is no computer generated diagram.

The first b/boards were laid 5. years ago, in my infern    internal garage, but, only started track laying, 18 months ago.

Hopefully, by the week-end, my threadmill, will have been,split into 4 separate threads, covering the areas' of Dover I am modeling.

Please note,my signature,for some sort of guidance.

My thanks to those of you who have,taken an interest and viewed/posted so far,since I have made RMweb,more of a permanent home

and started my thread of http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/74740-dover-priory-dover-town-yard-dover-marine/

on the 7th August,this year.

Regards............................dt

Moorings,

Belated,........" Hello" 

*snip*

Now, in retirement, I did not return to my roots,in Wallsend,in the NE of England................

*snip*

Regards............................dt

Well, I just learned something new, didn't I?!  

(speaking of Geordieland, how is Lf&t?  Pls pass on my regards)

Well, I just learned something new, didn't I?!

S'pose............... :drag: .

Wallsend...Eastern end of Hadrian's Wall(Roman),...........Kept the Geordies' in..........,'n the Scot's oot.

Swan Hunter's Shipyard, and many others' on the banks of the Tyne.

County name (political past).......... Northumberland = Lands,North of the Humber.(river).

Archived