Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Change of User Name

David Todd

Moorings,

Belated,........" Hello" 

I "go by" my initials of "dt". I have been a member since 2008, then "ferries 2008".

Data base changed,then became "ferriesdover" in 2011.

For 30 odd years, I have thought of building a model,a "likeness",of the town's railway, I have lived around and in for 35 years.

I have no connection with railways, the sea has been my life, from cruise ships to ferries and enjoyed it  immensely .

Now, in retirement, I did not return to my roots,in Wallsend,in the NE of England................ I may, be able to get on with it.

I know, from reading some of the members posts, over the year's that some of you have,"worked Dover and it's environs"...........

I would be obliged, to those who may be tempted to post comment,such as........ "that's,not how it is/was","that should be there and not there".

After all, it is in the space I have available to me and had to take modeling licence.............

Most of it has been done by eye and photographs,I have taken. There is no computer generated diagram.

The first b/boards were laid 5. years ago, in my infern    internal garage, but, only started track laying, 18 months ago.

Hopefully, by the week-end, my threadmill, will have been,split into 4 separate threads, covering the areas' of Dover I am modeling.

Please note,my signature,for some sort of guidance.

My thanks to those of you who have,taken an interest and viewed/posted so far,since I have made RMweb,more of a permanent home

and started my thread of http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/74740-dover-priory-dover-town-yard-dover-marine/

on the 7th August,this year.

Regards............................dt

Moorings,

Belated,........" Hello" 

*snip*

Now, in retirement, I did not return to my roots,in Wallsend,in the NE of England................

*snip*

Regards............................dt

Well, I just learned something new, didn't I?!  

(speaking of Geordieland, how is Lf&t?  Pls pass on my regards)

Well, I just learned something new, didn't I?!

S'pose............... :drag: .

Wallsend...Eastern end of Hadrian's Wall(Roman),...........Kept the Geordies' in..........,'n the Scot's oot.

Swan Hunter's Shipyard, and many others' on the banks of the Tyne.

County name (political past).......... Northumberland = Lands,North of the Humber.(river).

Archived