Bachmann day at the Bluebell Railway

Neal Ball

• RMweb Premium

Just returned from a great day out at the Bluebell Railway, courtesy of Bachmann.

They announced (see separate story) that they will be producing the LBSCR Atlantic 4-4-2 loco..... The day included a tour round the Atlantic shed to see progress, followed by a guided tour of the loco works. Unfortunately, I dipped out of both as we have a gig tonight.

But I did go round the carriage works, where our guide was Richard Salmon who was very informative as ever.

Having started at Horsted Keynes, we did two trips up to East Grinstead, hauled by the SECR C class before going down to Sheffield Park. On a lovely, warm sunny day there is no better place to see the Sussex Countryside!

There was also time to look at a selection of Bachmann models in the show case, which included the GWR shunters truck and the Dukedog. At one point Dennis Lovett waved his hand across the showcase containing the shunters truck and announced that everything inside would be available in the next few weeks...... adding "well before Christmas at least!" No promises were made about the Dukedog.

BUT!!!!!!!!

I asked on of the Bachmann staff about the DCC sound Pannier Tank announced a few weeks ago.. apparently they will definitely be released before April 2014 and at least one will be Great Western liveried.. (Probably, as it has still not been decided yet!)

The Bachmann OO Dukedog was on display in the case at Horsted Keynes station:

post-6981-0-05415800-1377967629_thumb.jpg

Together with the GWR Shunters trucks:

post-6981-0-76130000-1377967816_thumb.jpg

The SECR C class was hauling the Bachmann special train:

post-6981-0-19090400-1377968203_thumb.jpg

Overall a great day at the railway (as ever),  I also met some more volunteers, both working at Sheffield Park, which is always good to have a natter to the guys who keep the railway running.

At one point Dennis Lovett waved his hand across the showcase containing the shunters truck and announced that everything inside would be available in the next few weeks...... adding "well before Christmas at least!" 

It's fair to clarify that the question had been asked about the arrival of the shunters' truck and Dennis' response was that the versions shown in the cabinet were due before the end of the year rather than everything in that cabinet.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Neal

I like the photo's it's a shame the GWR Earl won't be available till Christmas time and looking at that shunters truck I'm glad I didn't waste any money on Hornbys effort.

I'll agree with you about the Guys who work on the Bluebell they do an excellent job, have they managed to clear the mess in the cutting on the extention yet.?

Regards 81C

Hi Bob, yes the cutting is gradually falling into shape. Plus in a few places greenery is starting to grow through, although I don't fancy having to trim it back!

It's fair to clarify that the question had been asked about the arrival of the shunters' truck and Dennis' response was that the versions shown in the cabinet were due before the end of the year rather than everything in that cabinet.

Apologies for the confusion. I should have said that when Dennis waved his hand to the cabinet, there were a few items in there, including the Shunters Truck.... few weeks / Christmas etc....

The Dukedog was in another cabinet on the opposite side of their stall.... so no dates were offered or suggested!

In all cases, I am only commenting on GWR arrivals !!!

Archived