Steam in the 60s -- video

Absolutely brilliant, take note all those with a tendency to over weather. Plus a Black 5 with self weighing tender - just what I have on the bench at the moment. Cant make my mind up whether its early Autumn (late Sept) 1964, those fresh cabside diagonal stripes, or spring (April/May) 1965, Manor without cab side number plate.

Great films of locos but I became frustrated as just when I was looking at the wagons and vans in a train the video moved to another loco! What I want to see is the goods rolling stock and all the infrastructure of railways in the 50s and 60s. How I wish I had paid more attention to goods trains at that time!

Mike

1963 or 64, certainly no later at Chester with Duchesses. Interesting to see a BR 'Clan' in Chester and a BR 2-6-0 with large tender. My area of course so I'm biassed, but jolly good.

The Kings Cross film shows what many of us around a the time have always known, that all Pacifics slip and not just Thompsons!

The London termini film was best quality both in terms of exposure and the use of a fluid-head tripod. Yes, I hate Bullieds but for some reason they didnt look bad properly filmed! Also good to see the Kings Cross with all those early prototype diesels. Paddington only encourages people to cry out for a Blue Pullman...biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks Martin, a pleasant hour or so's watching.

Larry

Editted for spelling etc, which it wouldn't allow me to do last night.

1963 or 64, certainly no later at Chester with Duchesses. Interesting to see a BR 'Clan' in Chester and a BR 2-6-0 with large tender. My area of course so I'm biassed, but jolly good.

The Kings film shows what many of around a the time have always known, that all Pacifics slip and not just Thompsons!

The London termini film was best quality both in terms of exposure and the use of a fluid-head tripod. Yes, I hate Bullieds but for some reason they didnt look bad proprly filmed! Al so good to see the Cross with all those early prototype diesels, but Paddington is only encouraging people to cry out for a Blue Pullman...biggrin.gif for a Blue Pullman!

Thanks Martin, a pleasant hour or so's watching.

Larry

Im not a huge southern fan, but love the Waterloo scenes with the pacifics and electrics.

btw all the footage from the london termini in the 60s clip is from both steam on 35mm, and diesel & electric on 35mm DVD from video 125 and is unused British transport films professionally shot footage. hes edited them together really nice.

I liked the first minute or so of the Marylebone clip, looked like a model railway :)

the steam in the 60s clip isnt working for me at the moment :(

Mike

• RMweb Gold
Excuse my ignorance , but is this site a new rival for youtube ?

Hi Phill,

There are many sites trying to rival YouTube. The advertising is very profitable if you can get enough folks to watch!

Some of these railway videos are also available on another site: http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/publisher:smockberg

They are in a higher quality and allow prior downloading in addition to streaming.

My preferred video site is Vimeo, which has limited non-intrusive advertising: http://www.vimeo.com

regards,

Martin.

Im not a huge southern fan, but love the Waterloo scenes with the pacifics

Mike

Me too, but dread seeing a much younger me on film again, not the one this thread is about but another video by TVP, I spent many hours at Waterloo, and Nine Elms , after the closure of my favourite shed -Willesden.

Archived