3D at Exhibitions

Dear all,

I have read these threads with interest and this is clearly a major developing area.  It would be great to see some of these in the flesh. The CAD drawings look great and so do many of the photos, but judging the output, pre and post fettling etc etc is best done with the eye.

I have just missed Wild Boar's crane at the Warwickshire N Gauge bash and was wondering if there were any forthcoming exhibitions where 3D printed models would feature.  That might be either running on a layout (or sitting in a siding at the front please) on a demonstration stand or in a glass case somewhere?

Is there any merit in running this as thread to track exhibition appearances?

Regards

John

Hi.

One of my 3D prints (the L1) has made its way onto the Kings Cross 1956 layout. I can't take credit for the chassis though this was a custom built job and is an absolute cracker!

A couple of my other models, the J50 and K3 did put in a guest appearance on 'The North of England Line' with thanks to Mike J and the team for letting me 'play trains' for the day!

Hi John,

Not sure if a separate sticky would generate much traffic but am open to suggestion, Most of the 3D traffic will come through this group and the people starting to sell will have posts advising of such things. But there maybe a benefit to having heads up when items are going out on show.

Tom.

Archived