richard60098

Evening,

Does anyone remember or has seen a ZCV Crab wagon in dutch livery before? I've seen one modelled in the livery but can't find any proof or pictures on the net that any actually got the dutch paint applied!

Seems just a sandy colour and olive green was the order of the day for these engineers wagons.

If anyone knows different please let me know as i'd like to do one in dutch livery.

Thanks.

Richard,

There was one Dutch Crab. See pics below.

post-1373-0-56414800-1379448459_thumb.jpg

post-1373-0-79849100-1379448487_thumb.jpg

I modelled this wagon with a scratch body on a Parkside Grampus years before Chivers excellent kit came along. There was a further livery of green with a top yellow band, I think it was one or two like this.

Cheers.

Paul.

Richard,

There was one Dutch Crab. See pics below.

attachicon.gifK-964 TWY 16-6-94 ZCV DB 991267.jpg

attachicon.gifL-215 TWY 13-9-94 ZCV DB 981267.jpg

I modelled this wagon with a scratch body on a Parkside Grampus years before Chivers excellent kit came along. There was a further livery of green with a top yellow band, I think it was one or two like this.

Cheers.

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thankyou sir for the pics and info, i was starting to believe there actually wasn't one and that the model i'd seen had been done like that just because it would look good!

The green ones with yellow band on sound different and also good on you doing one out of a Grampus.

The Chivers kit is excellent just a shame there not doing the Crab anymore.

Thanks again

Rich

Richard,

The green/yellow livery was only one wagon that I saw, but a couple of DACE were done the same.

See pics.

attachicon.gifL-373 TWY 14-10-92 ZCV DB 991266.jpg

attachicon.gifL-354 TWY 14-10-92.jpg

Cheers.

Excellent thanks again for the pics shall do a green / yellow one too then, wouldn't mind having a bash at a Dace or two maybe a little project to do over winter.

Cheers again.

Archived