Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Fitting Decoders

Calimero

Regarding previous on fitting decoders here are some pictures of my locos, could anyone assist on where/how I would fit harnesses/connectors/decoders? Is it easy?

post-8225-0-91675200-1379752844_thumb.jpg

This is the newer of the ROCO BB7200, think I was duped here as the instructions say it's DCC ready!

post-8225-0-29401000-1379752437_thumb.jpg

This an older version of the ROCO BB7200, I've a few of these.

post-8225-0-07899000-1379752546_thumb.jpg

This is one of the Jouef locos.

post-8225-0-60136600-1379752624_thumb.jpg

This a really old Jouef loco, couldn't believe how basic it was. A good runner actually but I'm not that bothered DCCing.

Thanks for the help.

post-8225-0-40022000-1379752322_thumb.jpg

It looks like you can identify the pick-ups from the bogie quite easily and I am surmising that the motor is under the pcb with cardagan shafts to the gear tower on each bogie. If you can lift the pcb you should find the connections to the motor. I would think the pcb is surplus to requirements. The red and black wires should go to the black pick up wires. You probably need to ensure that the two sets of pick up wires are joined together as that function appears to be handled by the pcb at the moment. The orange and grey wires from the chip goes to the two motor wires.

I would suggest that the first step is to remove the pcb and ensure that my guess is correct. There appear to be some lights which could be  connected to the auxilliary wires on the chip but I would concentrate on seeing if the motor and chip work ok together before you branch out to the lighting circuits. I would proceed slowly with one loco before turning to the rest of the fleet.

Regards

Manxman110

Archived