Hallifax Model Rail Exhibition 28/29th September 2013

Savoyard

• RMweb Gold

I will be taking Holcombe Brook & Tottington to the Halifax Model Railway Club exhibition this weekend.

As there seems to be no details posted so far, exhibition details from the website are:-

28th and 29th September 2013

1000-1700

North Bridge Leisure Centre, Halifax, HX3 6TE

Admission

Adult  £5.00

Child  £3.00

Family Ticket  £14.00

Layouts

Kirkby Stephen : O

RS Tower : HO

Eagle Rock : On30

Bad Boderan : HO

Budmouth : O

Axmouth : OO

Seagone : On16.5

Mansfield Market Place : EM

Acton Parkway : OO

Burtonport : OOn3

Bradstone Quarry : OO

Riverside Chicago : N

Williamsburg : N

Irgendwohn im Allgau : N

Spital : P4

Holcombe Brook : OO

Rosehill : N

Scalefour Society Digger Display

Traders Attending

N Tozer Books
Railbus

Millennium Models

Milnsbridge Models

Keiths Model Railways

Squires

Contikits

Unit Models

DigiTrains

Model Roads

D&M DVD

Going Loco

The Loco Shed

Mount Tabor Models

A1 Models

Stevenson Carriages

M & B Models

Black cat Technologies

Junction Box

• RMweb Premium

We have exhibited at Halifax show quite a few times with various layouts and it is one of those that I would describe as a good old fashioned club show.

Geoff (the exhibition manager) always gets a good selection of layouts together and he seems to have a knack of finding layouts that I don't seem to have seen at other shows.

This year we have Mansfield Market Place, which is still under development as far as the scenics are concerned but as this is likely to be the last new layout for the foreseeable future, Ken Hill and I are taking our time as we are not in any hurry to finish it to get on with the next one.

I am hoping to get the signals on before the weekend, even if they may not be fully operational.

Eventually the layout will be a "proper" GCR one but for now we will by running a mixture of mainly GCR locos but with much stock scrounged from Narrow Road or other layouts. 

Halifax is well worth a visit and am looking forward to our usual enjoyable weekend there.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Halifax will be the first opportunity to test the newly relaid track on the Tottington section in an Exhibition enviroment, we had a test run at Greenmount Village on 7th September and whilst the running was supberb it highlighted a couple of tweaks which were fixed back at the clubrooms and is now ready for some serious operation.

Weather kind during set-up this evening and promising similar for the weekend.  Halifax is always a good show and first impressions this evening were that Geoff and team have done it again :)   Don't forget there is also a large bootfair adjacent to the venue on Sunday morning

I must make a note to go on the Saturday next year if the carbooters will still be there.

Yes, they were.  I nearly turned round and went home as I couldn't find anywhere to park but then asked the guy at the barrier to the car park about exhibition parking and he let me in.  Just one space squeezed in beside a large van.  Exhibition itself was excellent with some nice layouts but could have done with some more visitors.  It seemed quite quiet to me so I don't know how the trade got on.

• RMweb Premium

It was indeed a very good show. I can't help but think that the Council's decision to move the car boot sale there and also to build over a nearby alternative car park has impacted on visitor numbers. It is a shame if it has because other than that it is a lovely venue and I know how much effort Geoff Bridges puts in to put together a good show each year, despite the best efforts of others to make things difficult for him.

I have exhibited there (and paid to get in at other times) over many years and I always come away feeling that it is a show worth supporting.

Tony

Archived