The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Different worlds

Sasquatch

• RMweb Premium

On our way to the vets with the puppies this morning we had to stop for the crossing barriers on the Central Oregon & Pacific Railroad where a switcher stopped runing light engine. On our return we stopped at the drive through coffee place for refreshments where I learned that the engineer (Driver) of the locomotive had done the same thing, his wife having paid for it earlier. What kind of trouble might a driver of a class 2 diesel loco have gotten himself themsleves into back in the UK for making an unsceduled coffee stop?

The cute girl at the coffee stop said he stops every time for his coffee so I'll be armed with my camera next time!

Great coffee BTW.

Sasquatch, lovin the drive through experiences. 

• RMweb Premium

If I were lucky enough to be opperating that loco in the Ashland area, a telephone order for a 14"Honey-Dejion-Chicken pizza would go in to Great American Pizza Company to be timed for delivery at one of the townes many crossings!

There is a driver who earned the nickname "KitKat" fir allegedly stopping a class 4 on the GE to nip into a station buffet to purchase a four-fingered confectionery item. I don't know where the rumour started, but in his defence it was pointed out his train couldn't have met the passing times reported and still managed to come to a stand, but the name stuck.

Archived