Magazine Article Search Help

flubrush

I have a memory of an article in one of the model railway magazines over the past fifty or so years about a small Scottish goods yard in a city which would be a suitable prototype for a small layout.   I have a faint memory that the city might have been Edinburgh and the company might have been North British,  but that could be completely wrong.   I do have fifty years of RM, MRN and MRC,  and a bit less of MRJ but don't have the time to thumb through them all. :-)  So I'm hoping that this may trigger someone's memory cells eho can then give me a pointer to where the article is.   I've tried various types of searches on Google,  but haven't come up with anything.

Jim

It was Scotland Street Yard in Edinburgh. I don't know about the prototype article, but a 4mm scale model was built and featured in the Modeller many years ago. I saw the model at a St Albans show.

I don't have access to my old RM's at the moment, but I'm sure if you get in touch with Peco they can help.

Ed

Sorry, crossed with Jack

Jack, Ed,

That's the one. :-)   Funnily enough I had found another part of the edinphoto web site in my Google searches,  but not the Scotland Street page.  Many thanks for the information which narrows down my search area considerably. :-)

Jim

Archived