Excuse needed to buy more Hornby Hawksworth coaches.

It seems a shame not to be able take advantage off the special offers on Hawksworth coaches but I am struggling to justify buying more because I have a full set of the colours I like.

In a separate post the question was asked if there were any possibilities of converting stock Hawksworth coaches into something else not available in RTR. It seems that the only options are three slip coach conversions in 1958 and one dynamometer conversion in 1961, both of which were in chocolate and cream. I have too many brown coaches already and need an excuse to buy more crimson and cream Hawksworths.

The Hornby range has covered all the Hawksworth types and does not leave much extra to model. Coincidentally following the range of Comet Models.

http://www.cometmodels.co.uk/data/PDF/GWR%20page%209.pdf

A repaint in plain crimson of any of the BG models as Comet kit W34 could be an option.

To better understand Hawksworth coaches I matched up the Hornby models of interest to me with the actual coaches.

Picture here...

post-13188-0-33521500-1381942622.jpg

Link to XLS file which differs slightly...

Hawksworth_coaches_RMWEB.XLS

Next, I want to find out the differences between C82 and C84 third class Hawksworths.

Archived