dcc Triang blue pullman

queensquare

• RMweb Gold

I have been asked to put a chip in a Triang Blue Pullman. I notice there was a thread on the old RMWeb about this but can no longer access it (is that permanent or part of the current problems with the new one?). Can anyone point me toward any help and advice regarding chipping old Triang stuff - particularly regarding which chip to use - bearing in mind they tend to draw more current than modern stuff.

thanks in advance Jerry

• RMweb Gold

Personally I would go straight for a Lenz Standard Plus, you're not likely to get good motor control with a Bachmann 3 function or Hornby decoder. Others may suggest more high end decoders such as Zimo etc, but I have no experience of these.

I wrote a bit ...here

The decoder wires ran through a slot in the plastic housing into the body of the motor coach. Didn't make any CV changes, seemed to run as well as anything else, given that it's a 40 year old mechanism. I can't look at it as it's over 3500 miles away.

I've also chipped X03/4 types with DZ125's, and an older physically large decoder DH143? Ensure that you have a freely running chassis first..some are better than others.

As has been said, ensure the stall rating of the decoder is adequate.

Malcolm

• 2 weeks later...

Archived