V4 Legomanbiffo Sound Volume

Dunmar

Hi,

I have a Bachmann 37 fitted with a V4 Loksound decoder by Legomanbiffo and a 20 x 40 bass enhanced speaker fitted in the roof. My problem is not with the quality of sound as it is fine! but when I attend shows with my layout the volume is not loud enough. All my other loco's are fitted with either Zimo or Howes V4's and the sound levels when increased are fine. I have tried altering the CV but to no avail - as the instructions state that it can only be increased to 128 max. Is there any way round this?

Bill.

Hi,

Furher to my prevoius post I have been in touch with Charlie at DC kits and he is going to check it out using a the Prodigy system as I have. It does look however at this stage that I may  be confusing sound levels of individual sounds ( set at 128 max ) and overall sound which can be set as high as 200.

Bill.

Bill,

The volume in my 37 chips (CV63) is 'factory set' to 170. There is no reason why you cannot operate them continuously on full volume (192) - I do this all the time when running my locos at shows etc.

Make sure air can flow freely around the chip though, and make the speaker enclosure airtight as well (which will also increase your resultant sound volume by 40% or thereabouts).

I think the 128 you are referring to is when setting the RELATIVE level of different sounds to one another, which from memory only goes up to 128. CV63 (the 'master volume') is the one you're after.

Hope this helps,

Bif

Hi,

Your'e right Bif - after I spoke to Charlie on the phone I realised I might be confusing the two issues by the way I was reading the instructions. I couldn't understand why it would not set higher! However I have discovered a slight ' gremlin ' whilst setting the CV - on listening to the loco when sending the change in the CV the sound of the signal going in went something like ' tick ' :scratchhead: ! Only when it went ' tick - tick - tick,tick,tick. ( I know sounds ridiculous ) - was I sure the change was being made. On reading the setting back - sure enough it went up to 175 much nearer the level for exhibitions.

Bill.

Archived