Bug Report

• RMweb Premium

I have selected a number of sub forums that I wish to monitor.

I had not realised until yesterday when I started a new thread in the DCC sound sub-forum that despite having that sub forum selected I don't see any posts to the sub-forum. In fact, as far as I recall, I don't see any DCC threads.

Is there something else that I need to do?

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ray,

You didn't say where you are not seeing what you expect to see?

But if you mean in View New Content, there are some option settings at the bottom of the left-hand column which control which topics appear in the listings:

post-1103-0-79569900-1382865509.png

Because of a bug in the software (which may now have been fixed), after turning these settings off you may need to change the time period to something else and back again, to get the new setting to be accepted.

regards,

Martin.

• RMweb Premium

Martin

I have set "Filter by Forum". This generally seems to work but it was only because I posted a query in the DCC sound area and then noticed that it didn't appear in "View New Content" (like other areas seem to), that I noticed anything was amiss.

I have set the Forum Filter to "include" the DCC are and the sub areas but I see neither.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ray,

This seems to be a bug for Andy to deal with. Change the topic title to Bug Report.

The DCC Sound sub-forum is misconfigured. It does not appear in the forum filters for VNC:

post-1103-0-53905200-1382870947.png

And the front page index listing does not show any recent posts details:

post-1103-0-75223000-1382870946.png

regards,

Martin.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Is there any movement on this please?

I still can't elect to follow DCC Sound because it doesn't appear in the list of sub-Forums that I see. The only way I can view posts (including my own) is to go to that sub forum specifically rather than rely on new & updated post appearing in the list of "New Content"

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Is there any update on this?

I'm not routinely seeing any DCC related posts under "View New Content" despite selecting the subject & subsets from the forum list.

• RMweb Premium

Andy

I hope I've done right!

I deselected all the forums from my filter list save for the DCC ones which were: DCC Questions, Topics, Fitting Guides & Test. Sound wasn't there but I have since found it listed within the Special Interests section.

I can obviously click on your link to see your test post but I don't find it by selecting the "View New Topics" option either with my initial list of selected forums to monitor, with the DCC only forums selected or since I've tried to restore my initial selection (which must now be different because I now only see four pages instead of the five I originally had this morning when I first checked the site, but that's something I can fettle).

ETA

I've just discovered a good reason why I couldn't see your test post! You posted around 17.39 which I must have failed to see before I shut the computer down about 17.50. Consequently, as I use the "Since last visit option" to view new posts your post didn't show. Your post does show if I use "Within last 24 hours" which is as I would have hoped/expected.

Sorry for the confusion.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

There are two DCC Sound forums. ID 135 under DCC, and ID 130 under Special Interests:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/forum/135-dcc-sound/

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/forum/130-dcc-sound/

The former appears to redirect to the latter, but this may explain why it doesn't list properly under DCC.

Ray, to get it into VNC when filtering by forum, select it under Special Interests in the list:

post-1103-0-77480000-1398248760.png

regards,

Martin.

Archived