If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Self-introduction

orcadian

Greetings to you all! After a very long time as an avid reader of RM Web, I've finally joined because this is far and away the most useful and balanced forum for all railway modellers.

At present, I'm in the early stages of developing an N gauge layout - WR/SR interface in the mid 1950's. For eyesight reasons, I'm using R-T-R locos and stock, and Fleischmann Piccolo track, but Peco, Ratio and other kit buildings and accessories. So I am doing some model-making and will gradually put my own mark on the layout as skills improve (within my limits).

Thank you to Andy, for providing this wonderful Forum, and thank you to all who freely share positive information and great ideas on here!

I hope that soon I'll be able to add my two-pennorth!

Richard.

Welcome Richard,

You already know what an excellent site this is as you say, you have been spying on us for a while. Well done on taking the plunge and becoming a member. Good luck with your N gauge project and remember we all like photos on here so when you're ready let us have it!

Cheers

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

At present, I'm in the early stages of developing an N gauge layout - WR/SR interface in the mid 1950's.

Richard.

Hello Richard.

Welcome to RMWeb. Its cool to hear that there is someone ellse who is doing something similar to me. My stuff is WR/SR 1950's too although 2mm finescale. Im looking forward to seeing what you have been up to.

Missy :)

Welcome aboard, Richard.

Glad to hear you've got a clear idea of what you want to model.

Over time, I shall work on subverting your views, and persuading you to shift your attention back by 40 odd years. :lol: But for now, the 1950s is a good place to learn the core modelling skills ...

(BTW - you HAVE joined the NGS, haven't you??)

Archived