RMweb

My N Gauge Layout

Colinagreen

My Layout is a fictional layout, the idea came from the Marlow branch with changes to the engine shed and goods yard. The layout is run as a preserved railway with visiting engines throughout the year. The timetable is made up from 3 heritage railways West Somerset, Severn valley and Gloucestershire and Warwickshire. The year starts with trains running every weekend in February on a blue timetable with trains being diesel hauled. Each month has a coloured day Blue is 4 diesel locos and a DMU, Red is 4 steam locos and a DMU, Yellow is summer timetable up to 9 steam locos and dmu or an auto train.  I hope to upload some photos soon.

post-20758-0-87852400-1384105233_thumb.jpg

post-20758-0-93284100-1384105793_thumb.jpg

post-20758-0-89716300-1384106404_thumb.jpg

Edited by Colinagreen
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've always thought that a preserved line is a good idea for a layout as you have the freedom to realistically run any locos (steam & diesel) as you wish and none of the typical nit-pickers or rivet counters can comment "That loco never ran on that particular line etc..." As the line has become a tourist attraction, I hope you have got the tea rooms & souvenir shops as part of the station!

I also like the way you have devised a timetable for the line with the fish & chip and Christmas (Santa) special trains plus the gala weekends all highlighted in coloured boxes just like you would find in a tourist brochure, very authentic!

It's built in lovely N Gauge as well so double points to you for that!

Sam

Edited by sammyboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...