Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

My N Gauge Layout

Colinagreen

My Layout is a fictional layout, the idea came from the Marlow branch with changes to the engine shed and goods yard. The layout is run as a preserved railway with visiting engines throughout the year. The timetable is made up from 3 heritage railways West Somerset, Severn valley and Gloucestershire and Warwickshire. The year starts with trains running every weekend in February on a blue timetable with trains being diesel hauled. Each month has a coloured day Blue is 4 diesel locos and a DMU, Red is 4 steam locos and a DMU, Yellow is summer timetable up to 9 steam locos and dmu or an auto train.  I hope to upload some photos soon.

post-20758-0-87852400-1384105233_thumb.jpg

post-20758-0-93284100-1384105793_thumb.jpg

post-20758-0-89716300-1384106404_thumb.jpg

Edited by Colinagreen
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've always thought that a preserved line is a good idea for a layout as you have the freedom to realistically run any locos (steam & diesel) as you wish and none of the typical nit-pickers or rivet counters can comment "That loco never ran on that particular line etc..." As the line has become a tourist attraction, I hope you have got the tea rooms & souvenir shops as part of the station!

I also like the way you have devised a timetable for the line with the fish & chip and Christmas (Santa) special trains plus the gala weekends all highlighted in coloured boxes just like you would find in a tourist brochure, very authentic!

It's built in lovely N Gauge as well so double points to you for that!

Sam

Edited by sammyboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...