Hamblings Diecast Austerity 2-8-0 Loco Body

Albyn

A pal of mine acquired what appears to be a diecast body for an OO Austerity 2-8-0 loco that we think maybe Hamblings.  It is fitted with a dublo 8F chassis with spoked wheels and did not have a tender, though the new owner has now acquired a suitable whitemetal kitbuilt one for it.

We saw a list of diecast loco bodies in an old mag which listed Hamblings as producing this loco.  Has anybody seen another and did they also produce a suitable tender or a chassis with the cast disc wheels

usually fitted?

regards,

Albyn

I think that there is a Hambling's thread somewhere on here.

An interesting find. Any chance of a photo?

I did look at the site and couldn't find anything on this topis but I'll look again.  I've asked my pal if he can take a photo of the loco,

thanks,

Albyn

I did look at the site and couldn't find anything on this topis but I'll look again.  I've asked my pal if he can take a photo of the loco,

thanks,

Albyn

Have looked and found the Hamblings thread with some interesting photos of sheet metal Austerities.  This body seems to be diecast in mazac - too hard to be whitemetal and in case no joins are visible.  Hopefully my pal will provide a few photos,

regards,

Albyn

Hi,

I have a copy of Hamblings catalogue 1951 (second edition) this does not have a cast WD but advertised a (presumably batch built ) sheet brass one for £15 plus £3-6/8 . Only well to do modellers would have had one of these as the average weekly wage was around £5.

best wishes,

Ian

Archived