Dapol/Hornby Terrier modification

LBSCRAlex

This is a small Winter project I have been working on since the beginning of this month. I bought this Dapol Terrier off ebay a while back for quite a bargain, but I knew what I was expecting.

The is D-70 Southern Green 2635 (built as 35 Morden), the Body and chassis were both in great condition with everything intact. However, the body colour was badly faded to brown which was a disappointment as the model was complete with original box, accessory pack and leaflet.

I spent several days deciding what to make out with the model, I originally proposed a full body respray in to a livery I did not have yet (SE&CR post war green), though I finally made the decision to make the model more detailed and to weather it, still keeping it in the same livery and with the same number.

I first started by making the A1X style lamp irons, which I made out of staples which were simply cut and bent in to shape, and then stuck on with model glue. They are rather fragile, but improve the look of the Loco enormously. I also added the coal bunker railings which came with the accessory pack. Although it looks rather toy-ish, it should not matter once the loco is weathered.

post-18907-0-75825300-1385299955_thumb.jpgpost-18907-0-66652200-1385300043_thumb.jpgpost-18907-0-56779900-1385300045_thumb.jpg

Hi

Nice work so far, I will be detailing my terrier one day and there was an interesting article in Model Rail some time ago where they detail up a Terrier, I don't have it to hand though to advise which issue it was, I will have a look at some point and then can update you, maybe another user may be able to advise.

Keep up the good work

All the best

Chris

Archived