The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Kindle or tablety thing?

BlackRat

Amazon are promoting on the Amazon website a free kindle app produced by Amazon,  for android tablets to read Kindle books!!  http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-Kindle-for-Android/dp/B004DLPXAO

Yes - that's true but the implication of my post (which I failed to make clear) was that circumventing the DRM in order to convert to another format is not allowed under the terms of Amazon's license.

Further to my first post I have used a Kindle and they are good for reading, but I do not own one.

I have the Kindle app on my Windows 8 phone, my Windows 8.1 RT Tablet and Windows 8.1 Laptop, and they all sync (with a internet connection) to the current page I am reading.

By using these devices I can then also download other book reader apps of pdf readers.

To be honest I find that the easiest one to read on is my phone even though its only a 4" screen, still getting used to the tablet as its a fairly new purchase after scrapping the android tablets.

Archived