Bachmann Peak

stehill1

Hi

I have managed to source a flush front Bachmann Peak from Hattons, it has had weathering added by its previous owner.

There are two things that are concerning me, firstly it is numbered 45048 with no name plates, every picture I can find, it always carried 'The Royal Marines' red plates. Secondly, the buffer beams are red, admittedly well weathered, but still red nevertheless. Again all pictures I can find, this example had black buffer beams, with the red name plates already mentioned.

Does anybody know if at any point this particular peak had either of these carried (or not carried), and if so roughly when?

Thanks in advance

Ste

• RMweb Premium

Shawplan should be able to provide the RM plates, then slap some black paint on the buffer beams... schimples.

Alternately, remove the printed number (Bachmann ones often can be scraped off with a thumbnail) and apply an alternative number, having checked photos for one that matches that body shell (mainly nose and grill arrangements)

The RTR manufacturers do sometimes get it awry... I have a split-box Bachmann peak, numbered as an ETH 45/1 but with all the boiler compartment roof detail on the roof... so I renumbered it as a suitable 45/0.

Archived