Tank Wagon and Bogie Parts.

While sorting through my boxes of assorted 'stuff' to see if there is anything I want to sell at Wakefield Exhibition this coming weekend I found this little lot.  I think it came from the last odds and sods of a deceased member's collection and nobody else wanted it.  At the time I thought it vaguely interesting but now it seems a lot more interesting.  Funny how one's opinions can change with time!

The bogies are rather crude and would, I reckon, take a fair bit of work to get to run.  They are made of a very shiny alloy material which is still very bright and not corroded in any way.  The wheels are the same as the wagons with a dull non-steel one piece wheel.

The tank wagon 'kit' is slightly incomplete with only one ladder and no 'floor' whereas the other complete one is a runner.  The cast parts although seemingly in a similar material are less shiny than the bogie.  I was intrigued to find that the kit tank (with the vestiges of 'Esso' on it) is made of paxolin or similar.

Any one any idea of the origin?

PS - sorry about the poor photo of the wagon, I just can't get my camera to focus properly at times.  I took several shots and this is the best!

post-807-0-85238500-1385637424_thumb.jpg

post-807-0-38710500-1385637448_thumb.jpg

post-807-0-39656500-1385637467_thumb.jpg

The axleguard units appear to be Hamblings, but I'm not 100% sure as it's quite a while since I saw any.

The alloy could be pewter. There were some aluminium wheels available at one time, possibly during the Korean war, as it's not the most suitable material.

Archived