RMweb

A kindness really

Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71

Aft'noon all,

Not the brightest day at TG Towers today....our 18ish year old cat Jemima had been having increasing difficulty with her breathing...panting more and more, which resulted in a trip to the vet. He X-rayed/examined her and said that she had so much fluid in her lungs (along with various other complications) that he couldn't see her heart and any treatments would only prolong the inevitable.

The injection which he gave her was a kindness.

Dave

Oh Dave, I`m so saddened for your loss of dear-Jemima......18yrs. of companionship and friendship; what lovely memories she has left for you.......and what a brave, selfless and loving final decision you made for her.

Tough days in loss, surely lie ahead for you there; but her loving spirit in memoriam will help you through.

With sincere sympathy,

Deb. and Co(llies)

• RMweb Gold

...thanks guys...we're giving the feline accessories to our nephew fairly quickly, to avoid some of the daily reminders. 

Dave

When our Henry had to go, also aged 18 and with us for 16 years, we found it took a very long time for him to actually leave although maybe his spirit stayed so close because he is buried in the front garden. In fact he hung around (in the nicest possible way) it was only 2 weeks ago that Sammy and Simmy (officially Simba) from the local animal welfare folk to occupy part of Henry's place and while they area  couple of mature chaps of 12 years they are the same of course.

Remember the good things Dave.

....ironically, she was very much the wife's cat...I was the one who administered the flea/worm treatments, took her for her booster injections, teeth descaling, check ups etc and excavated two cat tunnels in & out of the conservatory so that she could choose when to use her favourite room.

The hardest part was bringing an empty basket home and explaining the course of events to Is.

She has asked me to collect her body from the vet on Monday and bury her in a favourite spot in the garden.

Update on the Monday

Job done....Jemima is once again at home, in a favourite spot.

Dave   

• RMweb Premium

This is a horrible experience, I've gone through it with dogs and the fact that you know it is the right thing to do and it is a kindness doesn't make it any easier. Our last dog, I still think the way she looked at me in the vets for the last time she knew what was happening and I'm not sure I could go through that again. Pets are part of the family and losing one is losing a family member. Very sad.

Archived